CODE OF CONDUCT
For Squad Gymnasts
As a member of Kennylands Gymnastics Squad you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
You must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions.
- You must respect fellow gymnasts at all times, both in and out of the gym.
- You should treat all equipment with respect.
- You must inform the head coach of any injuries or illness or concerns you have before the warm-up begins.
- You must wear suitable attire for both training and events as agreed with the coach. Keep all long hair tied back neatly at events and in training and remove all body jewellery. Crop tops and shorts are not suitable gymnastics attire. In colder months, wear suitable warmup clothing, ie, tracksuit bottoms/joggers and sweatshirt.
- You should not eat or chew gum during a session.
- You must not use derogatory language of any kind towards fellow athletes or coaches at any time.
- You should always ask your coach for permission to be dismissed from the gym for either toilet or drink breaks.
- You should remain with coaches at the end of a session until collected by your parent or guardian.
- You should never use social sites ie facebook, twitter or mobile services ie bbm, whatsapp to post any disrespectful status’s towards the gym club or any coaches or other members.
- All Squad members attitudes towards gymnastics should be positive.
- Squad gymnasts have to condition and stretch to the best of their ability both in training and at home.
- All Squad gymnasts must recognise that a squad place is based upon your ability, behaviour and approach to your development and is subject to continual review in order to best benefit you.
- You should take training seriously and not mess around – you are in a squad for a reason and you should perform everything to the best of your ability every session. Any concerns that your coach may have concerning your approach to your training will be discussed with you first. Further concerns will be discussed with your parents/carers before deciding upon a suitable course of action.
- You must understand that a place in a competition squad involves a commitment to participate in any competitions that your coach has deemed suitable for you.
- You must respect opponents and officials when at competitions.
- You should behave appropriately at competitions or events and remember you are representing the club at all times.
- If you have any worries that you can’t discuss with your coach or parents/carers, you can contact our Club Welfare Officer, Michelle Semmens on 07813 047677